This particular “politically incorrect” restaurant in Liverpool, New York not only encourages customers to pray before they eat, but also to carry their weapons. This likely is not what Senator [score]Ted Cruz[/score] was talking about when he said that Donald Trump embodied “New York values.” Fox News reported:
“We talk religion and politics and we encourage people to carry their guns,” [owner Michael] Tassone told me. “The Second Amendment protects all the rest of them.”
“If people don’t like it – they can go to Denny’s,” he said.
With a cursory look at American Diner’s menu, you’ll see common restaurant menu items such as omelets, and eggs and toast for breakfast; and sandwiches and burgers for lunch.
But they also have the “Anti Michelle Obama, Don’t Tell Me What to Eat or Feed My Kids Burger” for $11.99, which comes with 16 ounces of beef, peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon and cheese.
If you’re willing to spend a little more, you can get the “Dictator Obama/NYS Special (King Cuomo)” – which is only two eggs and toast – for $3.59 plus a $27.99 tax. As you can imagine, that one’s not a big seller. It’s more of a statement of disgust about taxes.
Mr. Tassone told Fox News’ Todd Starnes that New York’s recent minimum wage hike from $5.00 to $7.50 is “absolutely killing us… My payroll has gone up over $21,000. We have to find a way to pay for that.”
He’s had to lay off an employee as a result, and he’s also having to put in 103 hours of work a week.
On their menu, they have these talking points written:
- If you’re born in America, you’re an American period!
- Yes, we talk religion and politics.
- Get a backbone instead of a wishbone.
- If you really don’t like America – LEAVE.
- Gov’t and Taxes are the problem.
- We The People, Don’t Forget It.
- Everyone Doesn’t Get The Same Size Trophy.
- Defeat socialism and communism.
- If you Don’t like it, too bad!
- We don’t like Political correctness or special interest.
- We believe in the Constitution.
- It’s like Cheers without the beer.
- Actually, I did build MY business.
- 2nd Amendment Is Your Right, Not A Privilege.
Customers who present an NRA card get a 10% discount. Also eligible for a 10% discount are military members, and active duty military get a 50% discount.