Thus far the media has mostly ignored the possibility that there might have been an inside leaker exposing the DNC during the 2016 campaign. The media has instead chosen to believe, without question and without being given any evidence, that the Russian government hacked the DNC and then, through intermediaries, leaked that information to WikiLeaks.
Following this thread, it’s been fairly easy for the media to also buy into the conspiracy theories surrounding a supposed connection between the Russian government and President Donald Trump. A connection built almost completely on the claims of one of Barack Obama’s biggest supporters, former CIA chief John Brennan. This week Brennan admitted that he was the reason the FBI began investigating the possibility of a connection between the Russian government and the Trump campaign, and that even after almost a year of investigating (and finding nothing) he still believed that there was good reason for an investigation to be conducted.
For months, WikiLeaks and their founder Julian Assange, have said that the Russians were not the source of their intel and they’ve also intimated that the source came from within the DNC. In fact, Assange has all but implied that murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich had been their leak all along.
WikiLeaks has never disclosed a source. Sources sometimes talk to other parties but identities never emerge from WikiLeaks. #SethRich
— #FreeAssange! (tweets by campaign)⌛ (@JulianAssange) May 22, 2017
Well, as the Russia-Trump collusion story continues to spin its wheels and no evidence has yet to be uncovered, one man says he’s tired of the media’s lies and that he has the real story.
Enter Internet entrepreneur and citizen of the world, Kim DotCom.
Kim DotCom is famous in the deep web circles and he is a longtime ally of the WikiLeaks movement. He recently, made a series of stunning statements arguing that he knew for a fact that Seth Rich was the source of the DNC leaks, and that he had proof.
Kim DotCom has now released a statement on his website and an open letter through the International Business Times (IBTimes), explaining that he does indeed have evidence proving his case and that he is ready, willing, and able to provide that evidence to the American government.
I KNOW THAT SETH RICH WASINVOLVED IN THE DNC LEAK.
I know this because in late 2014 a person contacted me about helping me to start a branch of the Internet Party in the United States. He called himself Panda. I now know that Panda was Seth Rich.
Panda advised me that he was working on voter analytics tools and other technologies that the Internet Party may find helpful.
I communicated with Panda on a number of topics including corruption and the influence of corporate money in politics.“He wanted to change that from the inside.”
I was referring to what I knew when I did an interview with Bloomberg in New Zealand in May 2015. In that interview I hinted that Julian Assange and Wikileaks would release information about Hillary Clinton in the upcoming election.
The Rich family has reached out to me to ask that I be sensitive to their loss in my public comments. That request is entirely reasonable.
I have consulted with my lawyers. I accept that my full statement should be provided to the authorities and I am prepared to do that so that there can be a full investigation. My lawyers will speak with the authorities regarding the proper process.
If my evidence is required to be given in the United States I would be prepared to do so if appropriate arrangements are made. I would need a guarantee from Special Counsel Mueller, on behalf of the United States, of safe passage from New Zealand to the United States and back. In the coming days we will be communicating with the appropriate authorities to make the necessary arrangements. In the meantime, I will make no further comment.
Below is part of the open letter that he wrote to the family of Seth Rich explaining that they are wrong about him and his motives and that they’ve been given false information about him. You can read the full letter at IBTimes.
OPEN LETTER FROM KIM DOTCOM TO FAMILY OF SETH RICH
Family of Seth Rich
c/- Aaron Rich
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
SETH RICH – DNC LEAKS
1. As you know, you and I have previously corresponded after I reached out to you to offer
my assistance with the GoFundMe campaign on behalf of the family of Mr Rich (family).
I understand from our communications that you are representing the family in relation to
the ongoing investigation into Mr Rich’s death and I am writing to you in that capacity.
2. In particular, I am writing regarding recent statements about me that have been reported
globally (including in New Zealand) and attributed to the family. As set out in more detail
below, some of these statements are false and defamatory.
3. The purpose of this letter is to formally request that the family and their representatives
cease from making such statements about me going forward. This request is made in the
spirit of us constructively moving forward and allowing the investigation into the DNC leak
to progress without delay so that there can be an informed decision on whether it had any
involvement in Mr Rich’s death, as many fear.
4. However, if these statements do not cease, it will be necessary for me to take further
action. It is ironic that the family complain of others potentially making statements that
they fear (without actually knowing) will be incorrect and then make incorrect statements
about me themselves.
5. I remain prepared to assist in the investigation, as I have said. While I want to show
understanding to the family in this difficult time, I also maintain that what I have said is true
and will be substantiated upon investigation. While that may be difficult for the family to
accept, in time I expect it to play a valuable part in revealing the truth. However, that is a
matter for the current investigation. I simply wish to make sure that the investigators have
the benefit of my evidence.
6. I have said that I will share what I know, and why, with the relevant authorities if the
appropriate arrangements can be made. That is what I understand from our
communications the family also want. The family, once fully informed, can then make up
their own mind, as will the investigation. However, that will not happen by ignoring the
evidence of witnesses like me who are prepared to speak up, or by seeking to discredit such witnesses by pre-emptively attacking their credibility. I simply ask that the family
listen, before attacking.
Kim DotCom then proceeds to lay out the series of “false statements” made against him before offering arguments to show that the statements are indeed false. He also warns that if such statements should continue he’ll be forced to seek legal action. He further argues that he is speaking out even though it would be easier to remain silent because he believes that Seth Rich deserves to have the truth about his actions told.
Now he’s promising to release the information he has on Monday and the media isn’t sure if they should be worried or if they’re being “put on.”
The only conspiracy theory that I can see is the #RussiaCollusion story.
— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) May 25, 2017
There is no Russia collusion / hacking pic.twitter.com/oC7IScz8dX
— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) May 23, 2017
On Monday I'll release our letter to Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
He needs to look into the origin of DNC leaks to conclude Russia probe
— Kim Dotcom (@KimDotcom) May 25, 2017
So, now the question is what does Kim DotCom have and will it truly be the blockbuster story that he’s making it out to be?
You can read more about this story here.