The brilliant folks at Grabien have gathered together the ten most disturbing and embarrassing media moments of 2016.
We’re sure that picking just ten moments must have been extremely difficult, what with all of the bootlicking and brownnosing that took place between the media and Hillary Clinton over the last 12 months, but Grabien has really dug deep to find ten of the very best.
- After Donald Trump’s underdog victory, many in the media looked for scapegoats. But TBS’s Samantha Bee went the furthest — blaming white people for “ruining” America.
- Hillary notoriously avoided direct questions from the press all year. So when Lester Holt became one of the few to somehow score a sit down with Mrs. Clinton, his softballs-only interview was journalistically humiliating.
- Cuba’s long time dictator expired this year, and many in America’s media … mourned.
- Perhaps not historically significant, but a particularly comical case of media malpractice came when an enchanted Andrea Mitchell breathlessly recapped the “magical” evening she was having at a Hillary rally.
- Over on PBS, David Brooks and David Corn somehow connected the dots between Ted Cruz and Satan.
- After the devastating mass slaughter in Orlando, the media embraced its unfortunate habit of speculating where things went wrong — looking everywhere, it seemed, besides Islamic terrorism.
- After another tragedy — this time an alligator snatching a toddler from a Disney World beachfront — CNN’s Brooke Baldwin thankfully had the presence of mind to ask a local animal expert … what the alligator was thinking.
- On MSNBC, the now-canceled Melissa Harris Perry worried that Flint, Mich., might become Obama’s … Fugitive Slave Act?
- After Orlando, many progressive congressmen staged a sit-in on the floor of the House of Representatives. The media, you might be unsurprised to discover, went absolutely bananas with delight.
- If there was one thing the media was absolutely sure of in 2016, it was … Hillary Clinton’s inevitable landslide victory. Whoops.
Trending: 20 Trump Triumphs the Media Ignored!
These three were given runner up status but deserve to be noted and remembered as well.