Two brilliant stories have made their way to publication today. One at Breitbart discusses four major holes in Democrat Rep. Adam Schiff’s argument that President Trump has done something wrong. The other at the Daily Wire where John Nolte lays out 8 major points proving that President Trump has been 100% vindicated in his claims that his campaign team was being monitored by the Obama administration.
I highly recommend giving both pieces a read, but for time constraints i’ll hit the highlights for you.
From the Breitbart piece, Aaron Klein explains the 4 big problems with Schiff’s Trump complaints:
1 – Throughout his opening statement, Schiff repeatedly relied on information provided by Christopher Steele, a former British intelligence officer who was reportedly paid by Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans to investigate Trump and was the author of a controversial, largely discredited 35-page dossier on Trump.
Even Clinton supporter and former CIA deputy director Michael Morrell thinks Christopher Steele shouldn’t be believed, and yet Schiff relies on hearsay from the discredited foreign agent anyway. Indeed, most of what Schiff has to say comes straight from Steele’s unverified assertions.
2 – There is no evidence that so-called fake news actually influenced the election, and Schiff fails to make the case that Russia was behind the release of emails from Democratic officials and operatives.
Schiff speaks as though it’s a foregone conclusion that if not for Russia and “fake news” Trump would have lost the election, sadly for Schiff, the data doesn’t back him up. Schiff himself even concedes this in his own argument… “We will never know whether the Russian intervention was determinative in such a close election. Indeed, it is unknowable in a campaign in which so many small changes could have dictated a different result. More importantly, and for the purposes of our investigation, it simply does not matter.” Then why even mention it as part of your argument, Congressman?
3 – Schiff pushed the conspiracy theory that the Trump campaign had the Republican Party platform changed on the issue of Ukraine to aid Russian interests.
This is a weird conspiracy theory that the liberal media has been pushing for some time now, but the facts again, don’t support them. Byron York at the Washington Examiner, explained:
Missing from all the talk is what the Republican platform actually said before it was allegedly “gutted” by Trump. What did the original draft of the platform say about Russia and Ukraine? Was it, in fact, changed? If so, how?
As it turns out, a look at the original draft of the platform — which has never been released publicly — shows that it always had tough language on Russian aggression in Ukraine. And not only did that language stay in the final platform — nothing was taken out — it was actually strengthened, not weakened, as a result of events at the convention. …
That, in and of itself, should put an end to the Trump-Russia-GOP Convention conspiracy theory.
4 – To support Russian interference charges, Schiff relies on CrowdStrike, the third-party company utilized by the FBI to make its assessment about alleged Russian hacking into the Democratic National Committee (DNC).
Schiff asks America to rely on CrowdStrikes explanation of how their servers were accessed, even though the company is led by loyal Democrat supporters and the FBI was never able to corroborate their story. Why couldn’t the FBI corroborate the story? Because the DNC would not allow them access to the servers. For all we know, this liberal-led company that was paid by the DNC could have simply have said what the DNC told them to say, there is simply no way that anyone should just “take their word” for what happened.
There are more problems with Schiff’s argument against Trump but just these 4 alone kill Schiff’s complaints.
Over at the Daily Wire, the great John Nolte, also demolished the idea that Trump was wrong to be paranoid.
While there is just too much information in Nolte’s piece for me to unpack, i’ll simply say that he proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that the President has already been vindicated for his paranoia about being spied on by the Obama government.
- Trump was “wiretapped” – if you mean that the government was monitoring the communications of the folks on his campaign team.
- The information was not “incidentally” captured because the “unmasking” of Team Trump members afterward is proof that something untoward was going on.
- Obama has a long history of manipulating and abusing the FISA process (ie James Rosen, Eliot Spitzer, and General David Petraeus).
- This was political spycraft and it accomplished what the “Watergate” politicos tried to do.
- The National media knew all about it and they covered it up (as stories in the New York Times and Washington Post can attest to).
- Devin Nunes handled this mess properly by going straight to the American people. If he had used the “proper channels” the Democrats or the media would have covered it up.
- CNN is nothing but “deep state propaganda.” Immediately after Nunes’ revelation to the press, CNN ran a “breaking story” that proved to be NOTHING but an attempt to distract from what Nunes had revealed.
- The FBI Investigation into the Russian connection is now tainted, especially after Nunes revealed that they seemed to be stonewalling his committee.
Read the rest of both stories, they’re important and they’ll help you understand what is really happening in D.C. right now.