The United Nations Population Fund (UNPFA) is a nefarious organization that operates within the UN and has long been a supporter of murder-first population control policies – including China’s one-child policy, forced abortions, and forced sterilization.
On Monday the Trump administration delivered a major blow to the organization when it officially cut of funding for their agency.
“This determination was made based on the fact that China’s family planning policies still involve the use of coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization, and UNFPA partners on family planning activities with the Chinese government agency responsible for these coercive policies,” the state department said.
The cut amounts to at least $32.5 million for the 2017; the department said it will redirect the funds to the U.S. Agency for International Development, which provides medical care to families across the world, the Associated Press reports.
The UNPFA has always denied their connection to China, but as LifeNews explains their relationship has been long documented:
Reggie Littlejohn, president of Women’s Rights Without Frontiers, a human rights group that works to end forced and coerced abortions and sterilizations in China had this to say Saturday, prior to the defunding announcement.
“UNFPA has been found to be complicit with coercive population control in China in the past, and I have no doubt that any unbiased investigation would find them complicit again. I have long advocated for the defunding of UNFPA.”
Littlejohn said she also would like to see a new investigation of UNFPA’s work in China. She referred to a 2002 investigation by then-Secretary of State Colin Powell that found UNFPA was complicit with Chinese officials in coercive methods of family planning.
“I believe that any independent, unbiased investigation into UNFPA’s activities in China will lead to the inescapable conclusion that they are complicit with China’s population control practices, which include forced abortion and involuntary sterilization,” she continued. “To the extent that the global community is funding the UNFPA, the blood of Chinese women and babies is on our hands.”
While China recently changed their “one-child policy” to the seemingly more moderate “two-child policy” experts argue that nothing has actually changed. Forced abortions, sterilizations, and abuse are still the norm in communist China and those most victimized by China’s disgusting policies are female children. Just last month, Congressman Chris Smith (R-NJ) wrote an op-ed for LifeNews explaining the government-led holocaust that is still underway in China.
The conclusions drawn from those hearings are that the “Two-Child Policy” should not be lauded because it does not change the basic structure of coercive population control in China.
The policy may allow for more births–demographers doubt that Chinese families will create a new baby boom–but the policy still violates international human rights norms.
Women in China still endure coercive pregnancy monitoring, fines, and the immense psychological burden of enforced birth limits. China is the only country in the world where the female suicide rate is higher than the male. Experts differ on the exact number—but estimates say that between 25 and 40 per cent more women kill themselves each year than men.
The new policy does not dismantle the brutal machinery of enforcement nor does it remove the pernicious incentives given to local officials to pressure mothers to abort a child if the birth hasn’t been approved by the state.
Perhaps a Trump led administration can provide leadership on this issue in the United Nations and can see the UNFPA dismantled before the agency is able to murder any more of our world’s precious children.