When I hear the mantra “Black Lives Matter,” here is my response.
- Being a contributor to society with your work matters.
- Doing what it takes to be eligible for a good job matters (which starts with doing well in grade school).
- Honoring when you cause a pregnancy by being a supportive and loving father and husband matters.
- Having good morals matters.
- Having good manners matters.
- Not committing crimes matters.
- Not using alcohol and drugs to skate through life matters.
- Doing what it takes to grow as a person and eliminate your problems matters.
- Instead of complaining, taking that energy and doing something productive matters.
- Being nice matters.
- Not pressuring or abandoning women to get abortions matters.
- Not looting and burning down neighborhood businesses and cars matters.
Getting a pass on all those things just because a person is black will not earn the respect of people who do work hard and have good morals. In fact, it will earn just the opposite.
So when I hear “Black lives matter”, I think that a better motto (not mantra) would be: “The quality of black lives matters.” And there’s only one way to get there … the same way what every other group had to do to get there … hard work.
And those who have lived that kind of life should not have to support the laziness and cocky attitude that usually accompanies generational welfare recipients.
Keep your families together and do what the Bible says. That will elevate your quality of life. It’s ironic that the black families of earlier generations were good at doing that … that is, before liberals tempted them with free government money and an excuse to complain. And now broken families and hostile kids growing up in them (because of the lack of love and because their needs were not cared about) are a result of that.
So break the chains of your bondage to the Democrat party, starting with this election. That will be one good step in the right direction.
Dennis Marcellino is the author of The Plague Of Liberalism, which can be seen at www.ThePlagueOfLiberalism.com.