The Tea Party Patriots are not playing around in their latest effort to bring accountability to our government. They’ve been watching what’s going on in D.C. and they don’t like what they see.
Their latest ad focuses on Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and the role that he has played in the ongoing Russia investigation, the FBI and DOJ corruption concerns, and in general he hasn’t seemed to be much help to the Trump administration.
The Tea Party Patriots outline a few issues where they feel Rosenstein has fallen short:
- Rod Rosenstein’s actions are tarnishing the reputation of DOJ.
- Rosenstein has stonewalled Congress’s legitimate oversight responsibilities.
- Rosenstein even attempted to enlist Speaker Ryan to obstruct congressional oversight.
- On his watch the FBI “lost” tens of thousands of text messages, preventing the American people from learning the truth about the FBI’s pro-Hillary Clinton bias.
- On his watch liberal Obama holdovers continue to leak and character assassinate on a daily basis, and he has done nothing to stop it.
That’s a pretty severe list, but it’s nothing compared to how harsh their ad speaking out against Rosenstein is:
“Rod Rosenstein a weak careerist at the Justice Department protecting liberal Obama holdovers and the deep state instead of following the rule of law.
His incompetence and abuse of power have undermined congressional investigations, led to stonewalling and tarnished the credibility of the Department of Justice.
Time for him to stand up for the rule of law and stand up for the American people. It’s time for Rod Rosenstein to do his job, or resign.”
However, most Republicans in Congress don’t harbor such resentments towards Rosenstein.
Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) who played a major role in authoring the FISA Abuse Memo, argued that in his opinion Rosenstein had had a “stellar career” and that one mistake shouldn’t taint that.
.@TGowdySC tells @margbrennan that @realDonaldTrump should not fire Deputy AG Rosenstein. Says Rosenstein has had a “really stellar career.” Tune into FTN this morning to see more. pic.twitter.com/pevGZNj39C
— Face The Nation (@FaceTheNation) February 4, 2018
Gowdy’s defense of Rosenstein likely came as a shock to the Tea Party Patriots, but I doubt Gowdy’s assurances will change any minds on the issue.