Cowardly, terrorist attacks against innocent civilians in the airport and subway system in Brussels, Belgium, last Tuesday, left more than 30 dead and 270 wounded. Responsibility for this latest European-tragedy was quickly claimed by ISIS, the new Islamic Caliphate, headquartered in Syria and Iraq.
These tragic deaths of dozens of Belgium’s citizens compares statistically to a little less than half, per capita, of the thousands of American lives lost in the 9/11 terrorist attack of the World Trade Center, in New York City. It is this kind of statistical reality with which tiny Israel is all too familiar, with its current wave of jihadi-motivated stabbings, along with the car-ramming deaths and maiming.
Belgium’s population is only 11.05 million (2011). Yet, it is home to a growing, non-assimilating population of Muslim immigrants, which now comprises 6% of the population. Compare this to approximately just 1% in the U.S.A., where President Obama has recently committed to accept 20,000 new Islamic refugees, from Syria.
Brussels, with a population of a little over 177,000, is not only the capital of Belgium, but the headquarters of the European Union (EU), as well as the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). Its immigrant-focused suburb of Molenbeek, has 630,000 Muslims submitted to the religious leaders in 22 mosques, teaching the faiths’ Sharia-Law lifestyle and the warrior-like practices of Mohammed.
This small nation, just north of France, has a reputation for ready access to military grade weapons, which has made it a hotbed for terrorist planning and deployment. The recent terrorist attack in Paris was planned and dispatched from the Muslim-dominated suburb of Molenbeek. The third and final Paris suspect, Salah Abdeslam, was wounded and captured there last week.
The week ended with new anti-terror raids in Agenteuil, France, arresting a Muslim man in “advanced stages” of terrorism plots. Additionally, six Muslim men were arrested in Belgium, after an Al Qaeda-affiliate group, Al-Shabaab, released a new recruitment video that brands the United States as racist and anti-Muslim, showing clips of Donald Trump “insulting Islam.”
Like many other countries in Europe, Belgium has faced increased civil disorder from Islamist groups, like Sharia4Belgium, which denounced democracy and called for Belgium to convert itself into an Islamist state.
You see, Islam is a lifestyle and not merely “sincerely held religious beliefs.” Islam’s Sharia law doesn’t allow for the separation of religion and politics. It has broader application than just to its adherents. It applies to non-Muslims, as well. It is, in reality, a political entity promoting a government with goals of global domination.
All major branches of Islam believe in a future global ruler, called a caliph, who will one day govern the world, using Sharia law. Each Sharia minded Muslim is obligated to advance or impose those goals and teachings.
These are fundamental Islamic beliefs and adherents are not “extreme” or “radicalized,” at all. These are the historical teachings and practices of Islam, and to the extent they would be imposed on non-Muslims, they conflict and are not compatible with the laws and rights of democracy. Sharia says that anyone who doesn’t believe in these basic Islamic teachings and practices must either conform to them be forcefully brought into subjection to them.
One freedom-focused organization in Florida has prepared some talking points to help Americans understand how Sharia law conflicts with the rights afforded under the United States Constitution and/or violate state and federal law including:
- Perjury, Muslims are permitted and prompted to lie to non-Muslims.
- Discrimination, Muslims are permitted and impelled to discriminate against non-Muslims.
- Abolition of adoption rights otherwise granted under American laws.
- Abolition of Wills, Inheritance Instruments and Last Testaments established under American laws.
- Abolition of certain interest income otherwise specified in loan, mortgage and other borrowing documents.
- Diminished rights of women in court. It takes the testimony of two women to equal one man in Sharia court.
- Polygamy, Muslim men may marry up to four wives. Muhammad married thirteen women in violation of the Qur’an which he inspired his prophets to write.
- Pedophilia, Muslim men can marry girls as young as 14. However, Muhammad took a wife named Ayesha that was nine years old.
- Muslim husbands are given the right to beat their wives as a form of discipline.
- Severe discipline toward women including isolation, discrimination, full body cover, genital mutilation and beatings.
- Savage retribution including amputating limbs and gouging out eyes for crimes like theft.
- Barbaric marital punishment toward women including rape, honor killing and public stoning.
- The killing of adulterers, homosexuals and Islamist apostates.
- Imprisonment and/or execution of blasphemers and non-believers.
- Vicious jihad against non-Muslims to establish Islam’s rule worldwide. Muslims who cannot take on physical jihad must support it with their money.
Is Sharia4You? To avoid being called an Islamaphobe, are you prepared to denounce democracy and submit to the teachings and practices of Islamic Sharia Law? Are you prepared to ask your children or relatives to blow themselves up and kill as many non-Muslims (or even other sects of Muslims), in order to avoid persecution from Islamic fundamentalists, seeking to enforce Sharia?
Or can we “all just get along”? Can these fundamentalist Muslims renounce their hate and stop the killings, and become part of the 21st Century? Until then, choices have consequences and we must defend democracies, basic human rights and religious freedoms.