“This administration has hit the ground running at a record pace. Everybody’s talking about it. We’re doing it with speed and we’re doing it with intelligence. And we will never ever stop fighting on behalf of the American people.”
— President Donald Trump
President Donald Trump delivered his first Weekly Address over the weekend and he focused in on the fact that his administration had already, in their first week, done a tremendous amount of work to begin righting the wrongs of the Obama era. In his first week the President has already signed 15 Executive Orders, mostly countermanding previous Obama signed Executive Orders, and begun the process of repealing Obamacare.
“Everyday we are fulfilling the promise we made to the American people.”
PRESIDENT TRUMP’S FIRST WEEK OF ACTION
- 15: Presidential Actions to begin fulfilling his promises to Make America Great Again.
- 11: Diplomatic conversations with foreign leaders to promote an America First foreign policy.
- 4: Members of President Trump’s cabinet sworn into office.
- 3: Stakeholder meetings to get input from both workers and business leaders on jumpstarting job creation.
- 3: Engagements with members of Congress to discuss his agenda.
- 3: Visits to federal agencies committed to protecting our homeland and ensuring our national security.
- 1: Official White House visit by a foreign head of state.
- 1: Reception to honor law enforcement and first responders.
- 1: Proclamation supporting National School Choice week.
- The President’s team followed through on his commitment to action, by:
- collaborating with 28 federal agencies and departments on a near daily basis.
- discussing legislative items with at least 75 House members or their staffs and 35 Senators or their staffs.
- making initial contact with governors in each state and territory, and having in-depth discussions with 32 governors or their staff.
- discussing issues with 22 state attorneys general.
- beginning outreach to our nation’s largest municipalities and tribes.
The White House also broke down the President’s activities by day:
- WITHIN HOURS OF HIS INAUGURATION: President Trump moved to protect Americans from ObamaCare, government regulations, and future bailouts.
- MONDAY: President Trump fulfilled his promise to immediately address trade and jobs by withdrawing from the harmful Trans-Pacific Partnership, put in place a hiring freeze, and protected taxpayer money from funding abortions overseas.
- TUESDAY: President Trump promoted job creation by jumpstarting the construction of two new energy pipelines, requiring the use of American-made materials and equipment in building those pipelines, and reduced the regulatory burden on America’s manufacturing and construction industry.
- WEDNESDAY: President Trump followed through on his pledge to protect America’s borders and end the lack of compliance with immigration laws.
- FRIDAY: President Trump followed through on his top priority to keep America safe.
The White House goes into far more greater detail explaining just what the administration has accomplished in their first week and what they have on tap for the coming week. The Trump White House seems to have accomplished more in one week than the previous two administrations were able to accomplish in 16 years… is this a sign of what is to come over the next four years? Time will tell.