Politicians are Selling Communism and the People are Buying

Many people in America don’t understand how an economy works.

Economics is not difficult to understand. It takes PhDs and other “experts” to confuse us. But these guys could not get away with their economic confusion if so many people didn’t want to fall for their false claims that if we only give up some of our freedoms and tax and redistribute other people’s money we’ll all be better off. Too many want to believe that something can come from nothing, lunches are free, and we’re owed a living.

In the film The Flim-Flam Man (1967) Mordecai Jones, played by George C. Scott, told his young apprentice, “You can’t cheat an honest man.” Flim-flam only works on people who believe they can get something for little or nothing at the expense of others who owe their wages to people who did not hand in making the profit. But when we elect government officials to engage in economic flim-flam, we call what they do “democracy in action.”

Getting 51 percent of the people to vote for politicians to take money from the other 49 percent so it can be redistributed to the 51 percent is theft.

take our poll - story continues below

Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?

  • Who should replace Nikki Haley as our ambassador to the U.N.?  

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Completing this poll grants you access to The Constitution updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to this site's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Trending: Science is Settled

Take a look at Make Mine Freedom, a nine-minute animated feature that was produced in 1948:

“This is one of a series of films produced by the Extension Department of Harding College to create a deeper understanding of what has made America the finest place in the world to live.”


Read the Rest of the Story at GaryDeMar.com…

Gary DeMar

Gary DeMar was raised in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of Western Michigan University (1973) and Reformed Theological Seminary (1979). He has served as researcher and writer at the Christian Worldview ministry American Vision since 1980 and President since 1984. Today he serves as Senior Fellow at American Vision where he lectures, researches, and writes on various worldview issues. Gary is the author of 30 books on a variety of topics – from "America’s Christian History" and "God and Government" to "Thinking Straight in a Crooked World" to "Last Days Madness." Gary has been interviewed by Time magazine, CNN, MSNBC, FOX, the BBC, and Sean Hannity. He has done numerous radio and television interviews, including the “Bible Answer Man,” hosted by Hank Hanegraaff and “Today’s Issues” with Tim Wildmon and Marvin Sanders. Newspaper interviews with Gary have appeared in the Washington Times, Toledo (Ohio) Blade, the Sacramento Bee, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Marietta Daily Journal, San Francisco Chronicle, The Orlando Sentinel, and the Chicago Tribune.

Please leave your comments below

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment where we can engage in reasonable discourse.