What is it with the mainstream media can’t they take NO for an answer?. Trump is not going to fire Mueller!
There is no proof he is even thinking about it, but reporters are speculating and/or asking others. Every time you see or read about a politician saying the president shouldn’t fire Mueller, it’s because some lazy reporter couldn’t think of anything better to ask.
Yesterday we heard from Bob Corker, Lindsey Graham, and Bernie Sanders among others–they didn’t come up with it themselves. Heck Lindsey Graham isn’t even allowed to go to the bathroom without first asking John McCain. There were no Senators roaming the halls of the Senate office building screaming, “You Hoo, Mr. Reporter—-I want to make a statement about Trump firing Mueller.” A reporter had to ask them.
Think about it for a minute, if the POTUS was about to fire Muller, Rep. Adam Schiff would have leaked it already. But no leaks….all we have is reporters and anchors asking the question and denials from the administration…lots of denials…here are just a few from recent months
- August 6, 2017 — Kellyanne Conway tells ABC News that Trump has not discussed firing Mueller, “The President has not even discussed that. The President is not discussing firing Bob Mueller.”
- August 8, 2017 — Trump lawyer John Dowd in USA Today, denies that the President has ever considered firing Mueller, “That’s never been on the table, never, It’s a manifestation of the media. My dealings with Bob Mueller have always been cordial, respectful — the way it should be.”
- August 10, 2017 — Trump tells reporters in Bedminster, New Jersey, that he hasn’t considered firing Mueller. “I haven’t given it any thought. I mean, I’ve been reading about it from you people. You say, oh, I’m going to dismiss him. No, I’m not dismissing anybody. I mean, I want them to get on with the task.
- October 16, 2017 — Trump says, “No, not at all,” when asked during a news conference if he is considering firing Mueller.
- December 16, 2017 — White House Special Counsel Ty Cobb tells CNN, “As the White House has consistently said for months, there is no consideration of firing the special counsel,” Cobb said in the statement.
- December 17, 2017 — Again, straight from the president’s mouth, “No, I’m not,” the President said, but added that his “people” were “very upset” about the special counsel’s decision to obtain tens of thousands of emails from the Trump transition team.
- December 20, 2017 — Ty Cobb reiterates to CNN , “If the media is going to continue to ask for responses to every absurd and baseless rumor, attention-seeking partisans will continue to spread them—For five months or more, the White House has persistently and emphatically stated there is no consideration of firing the special counsel, and the White House willingly affirms yet again, as it has every day this week, there is no consideration being given to the termination of the special counsel.”
- January 26, 2018 — Trump denied the story once again to reporters, this time he was in Davos, Switzerland,
- February 2, 2018—House Freedom Caucus Chairman Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) I’ve talked to the president a number of times. He’s not going to fire the special prosecutor. He’s not even contemplating it,
- February 5, 2018— Former COS Reince Priebus: was interviewed and said, ‘I never felt Trump was going to fire Mueller’
- March 18, 2018— White House attorney: Trump not considering firing Mueller President Donald Trump is not considering firing special counsel Robert Mueller, White House attorney Ty Cobb said Sunday evening,”In response to media speculation and related questions being posed to the Administration, the White House yet again confirms that the President is not considering or discussing the firing of the Special Counsel, Robert Mueller,” Cobb said in a statement to the White House press pool.
- March 19, 2018-– White House: No discussions about firing Mueller A senior White House official said Monday that there are no plans to fire Robert Mueller “There are no conversations or discussions about removing Mr. Mueller,” said deputy press secretary Hogan Gidley.
- March 20, 2018— White House: Firing Mueller would not be ‘the most productive step forward’ Sarah Sanders said that “the president is not considering or discussing the firing of special counsel Robert Mueller,” a sentiment the White House has repeatedly echoed even as the president has denounced as a “witch hunt” the examination of Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election and its potential ties to the Trump campaign.
- March 20, 2018-– Republican leaders say Trump won’t fire Mueller top Republican leaders on Capitol Hill expressed confidence Tuesday that special counsel Robert Mueller III will be able to finish his Russia investigation unimpeded, despite President Donald Trump’s recent attacks on the probe. The remarks from House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., come after Trump leveled the most direct criticism of Mueller and the credibility of his investigation — a dramatic move by the president that has nonetheless done little to make GOP lawmakers fret publicly that the special counsel could soon be dismissed.
Trending: A Declaration by the Representatives of the United Colonies of North-America, Now Met in Congress at Philadelphia, Setting Forth the Causes and Necessity of Their Taking Up Arms – July 6, 1775
And to be honest, I did not spend many finding the fourteen examples above there may be 2-3x that amount. Is it that mainstream media reporters and anchors can’t read, can’t see or hear reports, or don’t have the mental capacity to understand.
President Trump is not an idiot! He knows that if he fired Mueller he would face an almost insurmountable political crisis. He also knows if he successfully ousts Mueller, the result will be another special council taking over and starting all again–Trump wants this over today!! He doesn’t want the investigation to take longer.
But why does he keep criticizing Mueller if he doesn’t intend to fire him? I am reminded of the woman who found out that her husband was sleeping with ten other women. “Aren’t you going to leave him,” her very best friend asked?” “No way!” said the wife, “I am going to stay with him and make sure for the rest of his life every minute of every will be miserable.”
Trump isn’t going to fire Mueller, but this investigation seems to have figured out that there is no collusion and is digging for something else to send someone to jail for. ENOUGH! All it is doing is giving the media and the Democrats political guano to toss at the administration.
President Trump wants Mueller to finish and like that married lady above until he does the president will make sure every minute of every for Mueller will be miserable.”