In 2011, Joe Newby of Conservative Firing Line, first used the term, “Democrat-media complex,” to describe the “mainstream media.” It turns out that term is more accurate than anyone might realize.
According to research compiled by the The Washington Free Beacon, not a single member of the 72 White House press corps is a registered Republican.
Trending: Freak Show
Of the journalists surveyed:
- 72 percent said reporters should vote in the elections they cover,
- 60 percent are not registered to vote,
- More than 25 percent are registered Democrats,
- 13 percent are unaffiliated with any political party,
- 12 said they plan to vote for Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton,
- Three said they support her rival Sen. [score]Bernard Sanders[/score],
- Two plan to vote for Sen. [score]Ted Cruz[/score], and
- One supports Republican frontrunner Donald Trump.
Almost 90 percent of those surveyed think Clinton will be the next president.
Another survey of the same group revealed slightly more political diversity, but Republicans were still outnumbered by a wide margin.