Las Vegas

Confusion Continues After Baffling Timeline Shift in Vegas Investigation

There are very few observant Americans who are satisfied with the answers we’ve received from authorities in the wake of Stephen Paddock’s unbelievable Las Vegas rampage.

And how could anyone be fulfilled by the information at hand?  The senseless act of opening fire into a crowd of 20,000 people is completely unforgivable, yet somehow made worse by the fact that Paddock obviously spent months and thousands of his own dollars to create an atmosphere of utter chaos on the Las Vegas strip.  His planning was meticulous and dastardly beyond the scope of anything we’ve seen since perhaps September 11th, 2001, and he has so far posthumously eluded the authorities who aim to discover his motives.

Worse yet, the police and FBI have appeared somewhat clueless in recent days, with little to no new information being made public.  When they do speak out, these authorities often provide confusing, contradictory accounts of what may have happened.  Just today, for instance, a new, alternative timeline has been introduced to the proceedings that further confounds the American people who are eagerly looking for answers.

“The Las Vegas police again revised the timeline of the Oct. 1 shooting at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, saying on Friday that Stephen Paddock shot and wounded a security guard on his hotel floor about the same time he began to spray bullets on a country music concert below.

“The gunman shot the guard, Jesus Campos, around 10:05 p.m., Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department said at a brief news conference on Friday, not at 9:59 p.m., as he had told reporters on Monday, and not after Mr. Paddock stopped firing on the crowd at 10:15, as the sheriff said on Oct. 4.

“The latest account came a day after MGM Resorts, which owns Mandalay Bay, disputed the police department’s timeline, saying in a statement that the time of 9:59 had come from a hotel report ‘manually created after the fact’ and was not accurate.

“The sheriff did not say on Friday whether Mr. Paddock had already begun shooting at the crowd from the window of his 32nd-floor suite when he wounded Mr. Campos, or turned to the concert immediately after. MGM said in its statement that the gunman was firing at the concert grounds ‘at the same time as, or within 40 seconds after’ the time Mr. Campos first reported shots over his radio.”

To add further wild speculations surrounding the incident, Mr. Campos eluded upward of 5 different media outlets yesterday when he disappeared from a predetermined location in which he was set to provide interviews to the public.

Conspiracy theorists across the internet have been basking in the misinformation being provided throughout the investigation, leading to a plethora of bizarre theories as to what Stephen Paddock’s ultimate goal was.  This latest departure from the original, official statement will likely invoke another round of bizarre conflations of the truth and hair-brained conjecture across a variety of social media platforms and conspiracy theory message boards.

 

Please leave your comments below