After making sure that President Trump spent the first two months of his presidency without a full cabinet Senate Minority Leader Chuck ‘The Obstructor’ Schumer (D-N.Y.) is looking for new ways to delay Judge Neil Gorsuch’s inevitable senate approval on his way to become the next associate Justice of the Supreme Court. At least the senator’s latest is creative. He is urging Republicans to delay a vote on Gorsuch because of the ongoing investigation into potential ties between Trump officials and Russia.
The Hill quotes Schumer as saying:
“It is unseemly to be moving forward so fast on confirming a Supreme Court justice with a lifetime appointment while this big gray cloud of an FBI investigation hangs over the presidency,”
- CNN’s John King: “Democrats Have Not Even Bruised, Blemished Anything To This Judge”
- CNN’s Nia-Malika Henderson: “Very Warm, Affable, Down-Home Kind Of Person”
- MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell: “This Has Been A Slam Dunk”
- MSNBC’s Chris Jansing: “Impressively Disciplined Performance”
- MSNBC’s Ari Melbar: “I Didn’t See A Single Glove Laid On Him. He Performed Himself Admirably.”
Of course Chuck “The Obstructor” doesn’t see it that way. He sees it as “the height of irony” that Republicans blocked then-President Obama from filling the Supreme Court seat but are “now rushing” to confirm Gorsuch.
Chuck ‘The Obstructor’ Schumer forgets that blocking Obama’s attempt to fill the Supreme Court seat was a Democratic Party Idea…