“Progressives have made Americans poorer, dumber and more criminalized.”
That startling statement is a quote from Star Parker, a black cultural-commentator, syndicated columnist and president of the Center for Urban Renewal and Education (C.U.R.E.). Her views are reflections on the effects of the policies of political progressives in America—particularly as related to the black communities.
She summarizes the results of the last 50 years of Big Government rule:
- Despite the billions spent on the liberal’s “War on Poverty,” the black poverty rate is unchanged since the 1960s!
- Less than half of black men graduate from high school.
- Today, 73% of blacks are born out-of-wedlock, while it was 33 percent in the 1960s.
- Planned Parenthood receives approximately one million dollars a day from American taxpayers and targets black women, who are less than 10% of American’s population but represent 40% of all abortions.
- Blacks make-up only 13 percent of the US population, yet 50 percent of the murders are by blacks, many of whose victims are also black.
Trending: Freak Show
Star advocates for reaching and helping minorities open their eyes to the fact that “Government is NOT God.” She believes the bureaucracies of Big Government cause a perpetuating dependence on government provisions, rather than developing personal responsibilities. These “Nanny State,” liberal policies have contributed to “fatherless homes,” where men are deemed not needed or wanted. Parker says Big Government has often created multiple-generations of welfare recipients, many with an entitlement mentality.
As we prepare for the long 4th of July holiday weekend, let us all commit to proclaiming the message of freedom and liberty and personal responsibility! Perhaps a stimulus and resource for doing this may be a new movie that has recently been released in U.S. theaters, FREE STATE OF JONES, staring Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey.
McConaughey is featured as Southern farmer Newt Knight fighting for equality, dignity, and freedom for all men and their families. In this dramatized true story, Knight, a fearless farmer from Jones County, Mississippi, leads an unlikely band of poor white farmers and runaway slaves in a historic armed rebellion against the moral evils of slavery, segregation and the Confederacy, during the height of the Civil War. This short video clip represents the heart of this epic movie.
In this day of Big Government and entitlement mentalities and as we prepare to celebrate the freedoms our nation still enjoys today, FREE STATE OF JONES speaks to our souls and spirits and reminds us all that freedom means that “….you cannot own a child of God.” Finally, Dinesh D’Sousa’s new film, Hilary’s America, is due for release on July 22nd. Watch the movie’s trailer for a glimpse into the secret history of the “Big Government” Democratic Party.