President Donald Trump has been on a warpath as of late, starting a tidal wave of hirings and firings within the White House in recent weeks.
First out was Hope Hicks, the long time Presidential confidant, snazzy dresser, and loyal public servant. Hicks will be moving on to bigger and better things in politics and beyond, with the Commander in Chief wishing the young and aspiring politico well in her future endeavors.
Then came John Bolton to the White House, (once again), replacing H.R. McMaster after his sudden departure at the hands of the President.
In the midst of this incredibly turbulent time for the inner circle, former Vice President Joe Biden decided that he would jump into the fracas by threatening to physically harm the President of The United States.
Trending: A Declaration by the Representatives of the United Colonies of North-America, Now Met in Congress at Philadelphia, Setting Forth the Causes and Necessity of Their Taking Up Arms – July 6, 1775
Again, given that his threat had all the trappings of a 1950’s musical gang fight, there is little doubt that Biden’s bravado was a staged and calculated move meant to keep the otherwise bizarre politician in the forefront of democrats’ minds heading to the polls.
This wasn’t the first time that Biden had tried his “I grew up in the 50’s schtick” against Trump, having earlier mentioned a similar hypothetical schoolyard fight during the 2016 election.
Trump was, of course, quick to respond to the Biden – the King of The Gaffe.
Trump, reacting to comments Biden made about him earlier in the week at an anti-sexual assault rally, tweeted Thursday: “Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!”
It seems that this was plenty of excitement for creepy Uncle Joe, who just today wussed out, backing down from his earlier claims of bravado.
Former Vice President Joe Biden backed down from a fight with President Donald Trump, clarifying that he never meant to challenge the president to a physical fight.
“I shouldn’t have brought it up again because I don’t want to get down in the mosh pit with this guy,” Biden said in an interview on the podcast Pod Save America.
Biden clarified his comments, pointing out that he specifically said he would have taken Trump behind the gym if they were both still in high school and he heard the president use rough language about women.
“The idea that I would actually physically get in a contest with the president of the United States or anyone else now is not what I said and not what this was about,” he said. “But I should have just left this alone.”
Unfortunately, that means that, in the middle of this hiring spree in the West Wing, we will not be seeing the venerable fight promoter Don King receiving security clearance anytime soon in order to push a charity brawl between the two.