There are many interesting homes around the world, but these are unique in that they were either built on rock above or near water. They are pretty incredible.
- Castel Meur (La Maison du Gouffre) “the house between the rocks” is a 19th century cottage quite literally built in-between two huge rocks. It’s located in the village of Plougrescant, in Brittany, France.
2. Castle Island, Dublin, Ireland.
3. Floating Pole House, Australia
4. This house was constructed in the middle of the Drina River, in Serbia.
5. L’isola di Loreto, is a privately owned island on Lake Iseo, Italy. It’s almost entirely taken up by a castle which was once the location of a 15th century cloisters where the Sisters of Santa Chiara lived.