This particular “politically incorrect” restaurant in Liverpool, New York not only encourages customers to pray before they eat, but also to carry their weapons. This likely is not what Senator Ted Cruz was talking about when he said that Donald Trump embodied “New York values.” Fox News reported:
“We talk religion and politics and we encourage people to carry their guns,” [owner Michael] Tassone told me. “The Second Amendment protects all the rest of them.”
They also encourage folks to say Grace.
“If people don’t like it – they can go to Denny’s,” he said.
With a cursory look at American Diner’s menu, you’ll see common restaurant menu items such as omelets, and eggs and toast for breakfast; and sandwiches and burgers for lunch.
But they also have the “Anti Michelle Obama, Don’t Tell Me What to Eat or Feed My Kids Burger” for $11.99, which comes with 16 ounces of beef, peppers, onions, mushrooms, bacon and cheese.
If you’re willing to spend a little more, you can get the “Dictator Obama/NYS Special (King Cuomo)” – which is only two eggs and toast – for $3.59 plus a $27.99 tax. As you can imagine, that one’s not a big seller. It’s more of a statement of disgust about taxes.
Mr. Tassone told Fox News’ Todd Starnes that New York’s recent minimum wage hike from $5.00 to $7.50 is “absolutely killing us… My payroll has gone up over $21,000. We have to find a way to pay for that.”
He’s had to lay off an employee as a result, and he’s also having to put in 103 hours of work a week.
On their menu, they have these talking points written:
- If you’re born in America, you’re an American period!
- Yes, we talk religion and politics.
- Get a backbone instead of a wishbone.
- If you really don’t like America – LEAVE.
- Gov’t and Taxes are the problem.
- We The People, Don’t Forget It.
- Everyone Doesn’t Get The Same Size Trophy.
- Defeat socialism and communism.
- If you Don’t like it, too bad!
- We don’t like Political correctness or special interest.
- We believe in the Constitution.
- It’s like Cheers without the beer.
- Actually, I did build MY business.
- 2nd Amendment Is Your Right, Not A Privilege.
Customers who present an NRA card get a 10% discount. Also eligible for a 10% discount are military members, and active duty military get a 50% discount.