Muslim Immigrant Registry Abolished Despite Terrorist Attacks [VIDEO]

Barack Obama scraps the 9-11 Muslim immigrant registry during his final days in office so Donald Trump can’t use it.

It wasn’t really a Muslim immigrant registry. As the Associated Press explains it was a registry of men who immigrated from the Islamic world.

The post-9/11 registration program for immigrant men arriving mainly from the Islamic world hasn’t been enforced since 2011. Although it never prohibited travel for men and boys from the more than 20 affected countries, including Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, Trump’s suggestions about banning Muslim immigrants from the United States have led to fears that it could be reinstated and used for new and enhanced purposes.

The decision to erase it from the books entirely marks one of President Barack Obama’s last administrative actions on immigration and will at least slow any Trump effort to introduce even tougher requirements, as has been suggested by a top adviser.

I’m not in favor of the government tracking citizens. But these weren’t citizens; they were guests and this was a minimal effort to prevent a possible terrorist attack. Just this week in Germany we saw how security plans can fail to protect innocent people. In fact, the suspect was spotted at a mosque after the attack. The Daily Mail reported,

Fugitive Anis Amri, 24, is suspected of being behind the wheel when a 25-tonne lorry careered into a crowd at around 8pm on Monday, killing 12 and injuring 56 others.

Nearly eight hours later, shortly before 4am, Amri was allegedly caught on a security camera as he stood outside a nearby mosque in Berlin’s Moabit neighbourhood, German public broadcaster rbb reported.  

Images obtained by rbb show a man in dark clothing and a cap standing in a doorway in the early hours of Tuesday. A man, alleged to be Amri, was also seen at the same mosque on two different days in the week leading up to the atrocity.

The station said that intelligence sources had confirmed they believed the man to be Amri.

So what was wrong with this minimal effort to keep track of foreign residents from Muslim countries?

For Leftists, the answer is somehow self-evident. And with Donald Trump about to become president, this was also a move that might obstruct his plans. AP reports,

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, a Trump confidant on immigration, has been more explicit on his plans for the registry. Last month, he said he wanted to launch an updated system for all foreigners from “high-risk” areas.

Meeting Trump in New York, Kobach carried a document labeled “Department of Homeland Security Kobach Strategic Plan for First 365 Days.” It described a reboot of the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System as the top priority. Kobach helped draft the program while working at the Justice Department under President George W. Bush.

Leftists are simply crazy on this issue. The violent attacks that have happened here and in Europe teach them nothing. As far as they’re concerned, stopping Donald Trump is more important than preventing attacks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWvcm0zv8Bw

Please leave your comments below