Colin Kaepernick says he’ll “continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed” by not standing for the National Anthem. He has every right to do what he wants as well as suffer the public relations’ fallout. No one should be forced to Pledge Allegiance to anyone or anything or sing the National Anthem.
“When there’s significant change and I feel like that flag represents what it’s supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that it’s supposed to, I’ll stand,” Kaepernick said.
“Two days after he refused to stand for the ‘The Star Spangled Banner’ ((Read the controversy over the meaning of the lines “No refuge could save—the hireling & slave/From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave” in the article “Colin Kaepernick Is Righter Than You Know: The National Anthem Is a Celebration of Slavery” and “The National Anthem Does Not ‘Celebrate Slavery’: The Meaning of Lyric Used to Defend Kaepernick.”)) before the 49ers’ preseason loss to the Packers, Kaepernick insists, whatever the consequences, he will know ‘I did what’s right.’ He said he hasn’t heard from the NFL or anyone else about his actions — and it won’t matter if he does.
“‘No one’s tried to quiet me and, to be honest, it’s not something I’m going to be quiet about,’ he said. ‘I’m going to speak the truth when I’m asked about it. This isn’t for look. This isn’t for publicity or anything like that. This is for people that don’t have the voice. And this is for people that are being oppressed and need to have equal opportunities to be successful. To provide for families and not live in poor circumstances.’” (Source)
A great deal of injustice is deep and wide in the African American community, and very little is the result of racial injustice. Blacks are killing other blacks at record rates. For example, more than 400 people have been shot in Chicago in August, 90 of them murders and “more than 2,300 shootings . . . so far this year.” (Source) These were not done by the police.
Black-on-black crime should be publicly scrutinized and given as much wide media attention as a police shooting.
Many of the problems in some black communities are the result of poor self-government and a reliance on government. Blacks have been sold a bill of goods by the Democrats. “Vote for us and we’ll take care of your interests.” The so-called War on Poverty has become a war on the poor.
Maybe it’s time that conservatives follow the example of Kaepernick and baseball great Jackie Robinson and sit for the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance. Here are some of my grievances:
- Our government (public) schools are federally controlled and officially atheistic. It’s a mockery to sing the National Anthem when it includes the line, “And this be our motto: ‘In God is our trust.’” America does not trust God; it trusts the Government.
- Public schools are run by bureaucratic social engineers that have designed a curriculum that pushes transgenderism and same-sex sexuality as viable sexual choices even though “a major new study of sexuality and gender by two of the top experts in the field at Johns Hopkins University finds there’s little scientific evidence for the ‘born that way’ theory, nor is gender identity ‘an innate, fixed human property independent of biological sex.’” (Source)
- The United States Government is involved in a vast wealth confiscation scheme in the name of “social justice.” Trillions of dollars are stolen from hard working Americans and redistributed to people who did not earn the money.
- The courts have redefined marriage contrary to God’s design and biology. Same-sex marriage is now considered the law of the land.
- People who oppose the pro-same-sex marriage decree by five unelected members of the Supreme Court can be fined, fired, or be denied the right to practice law. (Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson supports forcing a Jewish-owned bakery to make a Nazi-themed cake.) Business owners have been driven out of business and harassed because they refuse to service or support the immoral and unconstitutional decree of the Supreme Court.
- The courts have legalized the killing of unborn babies. In addition, there are members of Congress who want to force taxpayers to pay for State-sanctioned murder. Mr. Kaepernick should be made aware of the disproportionate number of black unborn babies who murdered every year through abortion. It’s been described as “black genocide” and is supported by numerous prominent black leaders and the Democrat Party. The following statistics are from the site Black Genocide:
• Between 1882 and 1968, 3,446 Blacks were lynched in the U.S. That number is surpassed in less than 3 days by abortion.
• 1,452 African-American children are killed each day by abortion.
• 3 out of 5 pregnant African-American women will abort their child.
• Since 1973 there have been over 13 million Black children killed and their mothers victimized by the U.S. abortion industry.
- The military is making it difficult for Christians to serve by denying them the right to practice their religion:
“While the president and his radical allies on the far left make the military ‘welcoming’ to those who consider themselves transgendered . . . provide ‘married’ housing for same-sex couples . . . push military gay pride events . . . and send our daughters and granddaughters into combat, the proud tradition of religious faith in our armed forces is being systematically dismantled.”
Read related article: “Anti-Christian Bigot Demands that Air Force Major Hide His Bible because Seeing it Scares Soldiers.”
- Obama, Hillary, the Democrats, and not a few Republicans, are flooding our nation with immigrants that have little interest in the interests of the United States.
- Let’s not forget our nation’s penchant for war.
Maybe it’s time for God-fearing Americans to take a seat, bow our heads, and call on God to save us from the madness and immorality that have infected our nation.