Islamabad writer Dr. Farrukh Saleem pointed out in 2005 indisputable facts about the Islamic world.
Combined, 57 Islamic countries are the world’s poorest and most illiterate:
- The GDP of 57 Muslim countries is less than $2 trillion;
- Muslims comprise roughly 22 percent of the world’s population but only produce less than 5 percent of global GDP;
- 20 percent of Arabs live on less than $2 per day;
- The average growth rate of per capita income in the Arab world hovers around .5 percent per year [worse than everywhere else except for sub-Saharan Africa];
- 60 percent of Muslims worldwide are illiterate;
- 50 percent of Arab women cannot read.
Dr. Javaid Laghari adds that 40 percent of the Muslim states’ population falls below the poverty line.
These 57 Islamic countries contribute the least to scientific and technological advancement, let alone have computers or use the Internet. Saleem points out that over a period of more than 105 years, only two (2) Muslims won the Nobel Peace Prize. (They studied Physics and Chemistry in Italy, the U.K., and California). Only eight (8) Muslims are Nobel Laureates.
Of the entire Arab population, only:
- 1 percent has a personal computer—and;
- .5 percent uses the Internet.
To reiterate: these 57 Islamic countries are the world’s poorest, most illiterate, and contribute the least to scientific and technological advancement, let alone have computers or use the Internet.
Islamists organized and implemented the most expansive slavery enterprise — ever — in history of the world.
In fact, historians have estimated that Muslims have enslaved over 100 million people over 14 centuries. Additionally, Muslims enslaved Africans 1,000 years prior to the European African slave trade and continued another 100 years after Europeans abolished it.
Not to mention, that Islam subjugates women and girls to:
- Female genital mutilation (genitals being cut and sewn shut),
- Honor killings (fathers or brothers kill their daughters/sisters),
- Child marriage (girls under age 12 are married to adult men),
- Slavery (girls are sold for “protection” by their parents and/or kidnapped and sold at slave bazaars),
- Shari’a Councils (Imams marry girls – even for one hour– to men, then divorce them only to marry them to another man and divorce them again),
- Wife abuse and domestic violence (husbands are instructed to beat their wives as a form of punishment); husbands are permitted to rape their wives,
- Non-legal status for women who are considered property (a wife’s legal rights equate to only half of her husband’s),
- Discrimination, punishment, and death for everyone based on sexual and religious orientation, especially if they will not “convert” to Islam.