The Immigration and Nationality Act, (INA) of 1952, although amended many times, still remains the foundation for U.S. immigration law today. It still effectively bans Islamists, Socialists, Communists, and Totalitarians from becoming U.S. citizens.
The INA (Public Law No. 82-414) codified all pre-existing laws, reorganizing them into the basic structure of immigration law still used today and is contained in the United States Code (U.S.C.). It identifies timelines for naturalization criteria to be met—and also specifies who legally cannot become citizens.
Citizenship, under Section 313, excludes people who:
- Advocate or teach opposition to all organized U.S. government,
- Are affiliated with the Communist Party and/or Political Association, or another totalitarian party of any foreign state,
- Advocate economic international and governmental doctrines of world communism,
- Advocates, teaches or publicizes the overthrow by force or violence or other unconstitutional means of the Government of the United States, the duty to unlawfully assault or kill any officer of the Government of the United States, and
- Unlawfully damage, injure, or destroy property.
The full text of the section is listed at the end of this column.
Also important, Chapter 2, Section 212 of INA prohibits entry to anyone who belongs to an organization that seeks to overthrow the U.S. government by “force, violence, or other unconstitutional means.”
Such organizations include Islamic non-profits, mosques, and other groups that teach submission to Islam—not the U.S. Constitution, “Civilization Jihad,” and are actively trying to make state constitutions and the U.S. Constitution “Shari’a compliant.”
Islamist ideology opposes everything American, including the U.S. Constitution. The Syrian refugees being imported by their own admission hate America. They are not “properly vetted” refugees, as many recent attacks have revealed.
Instead of importing refugees and immigrants who hate America, the Constitution requires the opposite. Those preaching hate or instigating others to commit hate crimes must be prosecuted and mosques, which act as political centers teaching jihad, must be closed.
Consider that the Muslim Brotherhood still physically exists on U.S. soil despite the fact that it has documented its goal to destroy America. Its cohorts, who also still exist on American soil, include the designated terror and Muslim Brotherhood front group, CAIR (Council on American Islamic Relations), The Islamic Society of North America, which taught the San Bernardino terrorists, and the Muslim Student Association, which actively recruits college students.
The U.S. Constitution protects American citizens born in the U.S. and naturalized citizens, specifically in the Fourteenth Amendment:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Immigrants are not privileged to these protections— but confined to the jurisdiction outside the United States. Those inside American borders have certain rights to a trial, but if they are promoting sedition and a totalitarian ideology to overthrow the U.S. government, then they can be legally seen as enemies of the state.
National security isn’t about religious discrimination but about protecting Americans from the Islamic totalitarian goal to rule the world. It also demands that the possibly hundreds of Americans serving in Congress and throughout the Obama administration be rooted out of office. Lt. Col. Allen West identified roughly 80 people in 2012 whom he believed were Communists in the House of Representatives. Why have they not been recalled, indicted, tried, convicted and brought to justice by the people they were supposed to represent?
Why are Islamists like Keith Ellison and Andre Carson still in Congress, pushing America closer to totalitarianism? Why is Barack Hussein Obama Soebarkah still in the Oval Office with Valerie Jarret by his side?
Americans have tolerated the very reckless lawlessness the Constitution speaks against—and have failed themselves in the process by not bringing these criminals to justice or preventing more from entering the U.S.
The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 (Public Law No. 82-414) Section 313:
(1) Advocates or teaches, or who is a member of or affiliated with any organization that advocates or teaches, opposition to all organized government; or
(2) Are a member of or affiliated with (A) the Communist Party of the United States; (B) any other totalitarian party of the United States; (C) the Communist Political Association; (D) the Communist or other totalitarian party of any State of the United States, of any foreign state, or of any political or geographical subdivision of any foreign state; (E) any section, subsidiary, branch, affiliate, or subdivision of any such association or party; or (F) the direct predecessors or successors of any such association or party, regardless of what name such group or organization may have used, may now bear, or may hereafter adopt, unless such alien establishes that he did not have knowledge or reason to believe at the time he became a member of or affiliated with such an organization (and did not thereafter and prior to the date upon which such organization was so registered or so required to be registered have such knowledge or reason to believe) that such organization was a Communist-front organization; or
(3) Advocates the economic, international, and governmental doctrines of world communism or the establishment in the United States of a totalitarian dictatorship, or who is a member of or affiliated with any organization that advocates the economic, international, and governmental doctrines of world communism or the establishment in the United States of a totalitarian dictatorship, either through its own utterances or through any written or printed publications issued or published by or with the permission or consent of or under authority of such organizations or paid for by the funds of such organization; or
(4) Advocates or teaches or who is a member of or affiliated with any organization that advocates or teaches (A) the overthrow by force or violence or other unconstitutional means of the Government of the United States or of all forms of law; or (B) the duty, necessity, or propriety of the unlawful assaulting or killing of any officer or officers (either of specific individuals or of officers generally) of the Government of the United States or of any other organized government because of his or their official character; or (C) the unlawful damage, injury, or destruction of property; or (D) sabotage; or
(5) Writes or publishes or causes to be written or published, or who knowingly circulates, distributes, prints, or displays, or knowingly causes to be circulated, distributed, printed, published, or displayed or who knowingly has in his possession for the purpose of circulation, publication, distribution, or display, any written or printed matter, advocating or teaching opposition to all organized government, or advocating (A) the overthrow by force, violence, or other unconstitutional means of the Government of the United States or of all forms of law; or (B) the duty, necessity, or propriety of the unlawful assaulting or killing of any officer or officers (either of specific individuals or of officers generally) of the Government of the United States or of any other organized government, because of his or their official character; or (C) the unlawful damage, injury, or destruction of property; or (D) sabotage; or (E) the economic, international, and governmental doctrines of world communism or the establishment in the United States of a totalitarian dictatorship; or
(6) Is a member of or affiliated with any organization, that writes, circulates, distributes, prints, publishes, or displays, or causes to be written, circulated, distributed, printed, published, or displayed, or that has in its possession for the purpose of circulation, distribution, publication, issue, or display, any written or printed matter of the character described in subparagraph (5).
(b) The provisions of this section or of any other section of this Act shall not be construed as declaring that any of the organizations referred to in this section or in any other section of this Act do not advocate the overthrow of the Government of the United States by force, violence, or other unconstitutional means.
(c) The provisions of this section shall be applicable to any applicant for naturalization who at any time within a period of ten years immediately preceding the filing of the application for naturalization or after such filing and before taking the final oath of citizenship is, or has been found to be within any of the classes enumerated within this section, notwithstanding that at the time the application is filed he may not be included within such classes.
(d) Any person who is within any of the classes described in subsection (a) solely because of past membership in, or past affiliation with, a party or organization may be naturalized without regard to the provisions of subsection (c) if such person establishes that such membership or affiliation is or was involuntary, or occurred and terminated prior to the attainment by such alien of the age of sixteen years, or that such membership or affiliation is or was by operation of law, or was for purposes of obtaining employment, food rations, or other essentials of living and where necessary for such purposes.
Tim Brown is an author and Editor at FreedomOutpost.com, SonsOfL