“There is one common theme in all of these reforms — it’s going to be America first. On Election Day, the politicians stand trial before the people. The voters are the jury. Their ballots are the verdict.” — Donald Trump, 6/22/2016
In the final days before Election Day 2016, the Trump campaign is pulling out all of the stops in an effort to win over undecideds, independents, and wary conservatives. Back in June at a rally in New York City, Mr. Trump explained that his candidacy was all about putting America first in our policy decision as he laid out his goals for his first 100-days in office.
He laid out these 8 goals as the issues he would focus on in his first 3 months in office:
In order, Trump outlined his platform:
- Appoint judges who will “uphold the Constitution” and protect the Second Amendment.
- Change immigration rules that will allow Americans to get “good-paying jobs.”
- Stand-up to countries that “cheat on trade.”
- “Cancel rules and regulations that send jobs overseas.”
- Lift restrictions on energy production.
- “Repeal and replace job-killing Obamacare.”
- “Pass massive tax reform to create millions of new jobs and lower taxes for everyone.”
- “Impose tough new ethics rules … to the office of Secretary of State.”
Now, with just a couple of weeks left in the race, the Trump team has set out to remind the voters that he is the only candidate in the race who proudly trumpets an “America First” platform, though his top priorities for his first 100 days has shifted a bit.
As your President, I will not waste any time, but immediately begin working to Make America Great Again.
As soon as I enter the White House on January 20, 2017, I will begin implementing my 8-Point Plan for the First 100 Days of the Trump Administration, and here’s what we’ll do:
- On Day One, we will roll out our plan to BUILD THE WALL, send criminal illegal immigrants home, and finally end the open borders nightmare.
- Begin renegotiating ALLunfair trade deals like NAFTA which have undercut American employment and exported our prosperity.
- CANCELall executive orders, bureaucratic rules, and crippling regulations that send American jobs overseas.
- Work with Congress to REPEALand replace the disastrous ObamaCare legislation that is ruining American healthcare.
- Lift the radical Obama regulations on America’s energy industry to ENDour dependence on foreign sources and create new jobs here at home.
- Propose, pass, and sign into law a massive TAX CUTfor all working Americans and unleash the jobs-creating power of our small businesses.
- NOMINATESupreme Court Justices who will uphold the Founders’ Constitution and not legislate the liberal agenda from the bench, and…
- IMPOSEstrict new ethics rules to restore the integrity of the Office of the Secretary of State.
You are going to be amazed what we will accomplish during those First 100 Days — I promise you that you will be proud of your President again.
Now the question is will Mr. Trump’s last ditch effort to win over America work? We’ll soon find out.